Everything I Know I Learned at the Movies: A Compilation of Cliche's and Un-Truisms Gleaned from a Lifetime Spent Entirely Too Much in the Dark
Nav:Home > Movies > Everything I Know I Learned at the Movies: A Compilation of Cliche's and Un-Truisms Gleaned from a Lifetime Spent Entirely Too Much in the Dark
Press:Time Warner International General Publishing Group (December 1, 1995)
Author Name:John J.B. Wilson
Comment List (Total:5)
- This book (as the subtitle says) is a humorous collections of cliches and un-truisms that can be gathered from watching movies. The book takes only about five minutes to read and some of the observations are hilarious, some are right on the money, and some just don't make sense outside of movies. Each statement has a picture from a movie beside it that illustrates what is said. For instance, "The village Idiot is a veritable font of wisdom" quote is next to a picture of Forrest Gump. Some of the observations many of my friends did not understand. Unfortunately, if you are like me and get most of them, you've probably seen too many movies.
- I hope you have as much fun reading this humorous collection of film cliche's as I had writing it and collecting the movie stills which illustrate it. I know I wrote it, but I still laugh out loud at my favorite entries every time I pick it up. WHY NOT PICK UP A COPY YOURSELF
- "No problem is so big that it can't be solved in 12 reels (or less)". This is a typical statement that one reads in large font opposite of a movie still that complements it. This book is funny and will make you laugh and maybe even says "Huh! Thats true!", or "Oh yeah!" The book is not really a read, so to speak, but a gander across some 200 pages which will take minutes to complete. The title itself is a play on Robert Fulghum's (forever parodied) popular self-help book "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten". Not something I would go out of my way for, however it has some insight into the world of movies and how there are some things that typify the cinematic lifestyle.
- A hilarious collection of movie cliches, each presented in its own apropos type font, and every one ilustrated with an aptly chosen film still (everything from the silent 10 COMMANDMENTS to SHOWGIRLS) The author is the creator of the infamous RAZZIE Awards, which dis-honor the WORST in Film in each year...How many more laughs could you expect at this price?
- OK for a bathroom distractor. But not much substance.
- Lippincott's Elementary Arithmetic: Embracing the Science and Practical Applications of Numbers
- Real-Encyklopädie Für Protestantische Theologie Und Kirche: In Verbindung Mit Vielen Protestantischen Theologen Und Gelehrten, Volume 12 (German Edition)
- Compte Rendu De La Troisième Session. Lyon--1878, Volume 1 (French Edition)
- Histoire D'angleterre, Volume 1 (French Edition)
- The Fourth Physician: A Christmas Story
- Architectural Hygiene; Or, Sanitary Science as Applied to Buildings. a Text-Book for Architects, Surveyors, Engineers, Medical Officers of Health, Sanitary Inspectors, and Students
- Golden Treasury Readers: Fourth Reader
- Revue Historique, Volume 69 (French Edition)
- Tales of the Coast Guard, by Lieut. Warneford
- A Stockman's Poems
- Un Dernier Gallican: Henri Bernier, Chanoine D'Angers (1795-1859) (French Edition)
- House Documents, Otherwise Publ. As Executive Documents: 13Th Congress, 2D Session-49Th Congress, 1St Session
- Manual of Heavy Artillery Service: For the Use of the Army and Militia of the United States
- The Roman World the Gradeur and Failure of Its Civilzation
- Granite State Magazine, Volume 1
- Verhandlungen Der Zweiten Kammer Der Landstande Des Grosherzogthums Hessen, Volume 4 (German Edition)
- Lettres de Madame de Svign: de Sa Famille Et de Ses Amis, Volume 12 (French Edition)
- Historie De Rome Et Des Papes Au Moyen Age, Volume 1,part 2 (French Edition)
- Journal für Chemie und Physik. XXXXIII. Band. (German Edition)
- La Propaganda Anarquista Ante El Derecho (Spanish Edition)
Pop Culture,Television,Sheet Music & Scores,Trivia & Fun Facts,Humor,Movies,Radio,Puzzles & Games Book,。
Humor & Entertainment Book
Humor & Entertainment Book @ 2018